Sunday, December 02, 2012

December 2: Rosie Thomas


Rosie Thomas - A Very Rosie Christmas

If you know me, you know that I love Rosie Thomas.  I love everything she's done, going back to her brief stint with Velour 100.  So it's no surprise that I love this album.
For the most part, Rosie sticks to Christmas classics on this album.  She has a couple originals (including the eternally cheerful and catchy "Why Can't It Be Christmastime All Year"), and some fresh new takes on some Christmas standards (her heartbreaking take on "The Chipmunk Song" - titled "Christmas Don't Be Late" - is one of my favorite Christmas songs).
I cut off the last two tracks on my iPod (one is a track by her alter-ego Sheila Saputo, the other a "thanks for listening to this album" type closing), leaving me with 10 strong Christmas songs.
This is definitely worth adding to your Christmas rotation.

"Why Can't It Be Christmastime All Year"



"Christmas Don't Be Late"

No comments: