Sunday, January 27, 2013

Top 20 Albums of 2012

With January almost in the books, I figured it was time I finally unveiled my top 20 albums of 2012.  Except my top 20 will be my top 21 this year.  I recently started listening to Lost in the Trees' album a bit more over the last couple weeks, and realized just how much I loved it.  Since it didn't make it to my honorable mentions, I decided to just throw it in the last spot here.

Without further adieu, my top 21 albums of 2012.


21. Lost in the Trees - A Church That Fits Our Needs
Favorite Track: "Red"



20. Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel...
Favorite track: "Anything We Want"



19. The Killers - Battle Born
Favorite track: "Runaways"



18. Passion Pit - Gossamer
Favorite track: "It's Not My Fault, I'm Happy"



17. The xx - Coexist
Favorite track: "Angels"



16. St. Vincent & David Byrne - Love this Giant
Favorite track: "Optimist"



15. Regina Spektor - What We Saw From the Cheap Seats 
Favorite track: "All the Rowboats"



14. M. Ward - A Wasteland Companion
Favorite track: "Crawl After You"



13. Mumford & Sons - Babel
Favorite track: "Below My Feet"



12. The Raveonettes - Observator
Favorite track: "Till the End"



11. Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts
Favorite track: "Miriam"



10. Waxahatchee - American Weekend
Favorite track: "Bathtub"



9. Rosie Thomas - With Love
Favorite track: "Back to Being Friends"



8. Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania
Favorite track: "Violet Rays"



7. The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
Favorite track: "There's No Leaving Now"



6. Ingrid Michaelson - Human Again
Favorite track: "Ghost"



5. Jenny Owen Youngs - An Unwavering Band of Light
Favorite track: "Pirates"



4. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
Favorite track: "I'm Wrong"



3. Andrew Bird - Break it Yourself
Favorite track: "Lusitania"



2. Metric - Synthetica
Favorite track: "Speed the Collapse"



1. The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
Favorite track: "Handwritten"

No comments: