Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Muse - The 2nd Law


I will start off by saying that I loved Absolution.
However, that was the last Muse album I enjoyed.
I get it.  They make huge, catchy rock anthems, with a theatrical bent.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Lord knows I listen to enough music that can fit into that description.
But not this.  Oh no...not this at all.
It's like they went into this saying, "How can we sound like a futuristic version of Queen?"  The answer is lots of synths, lots of falsetto, and more than a hint of dubstep scattered throughout.  I listened to this earlier today, and it was all I could do to get to the end.

At this point, I know what Muse is.  And I guess I'm just not on board.

Rating: 1/5

1 comment:

Fosterface said...

I'm on board with your review. I want to tell them to stop being more. If they re-recorded 'Muscle Museum' 12x, I'd enjoy that as much.