Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best of 2011: Honorable Mentions

I'm working on my list of favorite albums for 2011.  I'm not quite done with it.  So, in the meantime, here are some that didn't quite manage to crack the top 20.  Really, after looking at this list, it's a little upsetting that these weren't able to make it into my top 20.  Just a good year for music, I guess.


The Black Keys - El Camino
Favorite song: "Gold on the Ceiling"


James Vincent McMorrow - Early in the Morning
Favorite song: "And If My Heart Should Somehow Stop"


The Blueflowers - In Line With the Broken-Hearted
Favorite song: "Maybe"


Keren Ann - 101
Favorite song: "You Were on Fire"


M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
Favorite song: "Steven McQueen"


Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know
Favorite song: "The Beast"


The Submarines - Love Notes/Letter Bombs
Favorite song: "Tigers"


Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest
Favorite song: "Hard Times"


Jessica Lea Mayfield - Tell Me
Favorite song: "Sometimes at Night"


William Fitzsimmons - Gold in the Shadow
Favorite song: "Psychasthenia"


The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh
Favorite song: "Boeing 737"


Lupe Fiasco - Lasers
Favorite song: "Words I Never Said"


Childish Gambino - Camp
Favorite song: "Sunrise"


The Antlers - Burst Apart
Favorite song: "Putting the Dog to Sleep"


Lydia Loveless - Indestructible Machine
Favorite song: "Bad Way to Go"


Ben Sollee - Inclusions
Favorite song: "Captivity"


Buck 65 - 20 Odd Years
Favorite song: "Superstars Don't Love"


Wilco - The Whole Love
Favorite song: "One Sunday Morning"

2 comments:

Fosterface said...

Wait, you never posted your top 20.

Unknown said...

I'm getting there. I like to write little reviews for each one, and it's taking me a little while to do it. Also, the ranking process took me a while this year. It's coming. Next week, hopefully.