Saturday, May 14, 2011

Zombie Prom 2011

For those of you who don't know, I will be deejaying a zombie prom in Danville next weekend.  I have been watching a lot of horror movies in preparation, and have been keeping track of my progress here.  I have also been trying to put together a list of songs for this event: I want to make them danceable, but I also want to keep a sinister feel.  So I've been looking for songs with a sinister vibe, or songs that make reference to monsters or something.
I have also been trying my hand at remixing some horror movie themes, and you can find my results here.  I'm pretty happy with them so far.  Check them out and give me some feedback if you get the time.
Anyway, I thought I would list some of the songs that I have collected for the event, and see what you thought.  Feel free to give me your suggestions.

"Psychotic Girl" - The Black Keys
"The Ghost Inside" - Broken Bells
"Ain't No Grave" - Johnny Cash
"Red Right Hand" - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
"Revenge" - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse
"My Body's a Zombie for You" - Dead Man's Bones
"Howl" - Florence + The Machine
"Thriller" - Michael Jackson
"Halloween Remix" - Ronald Jenkees
"Mad World" - Gary Jules
"Monster" - Lady Gaga
"Conversation 16" - The National
"Tomorrow You'll Be Forgiven, But Tonight You Will Have Your Teeth Knocked Out" - Jesper Norda
"Dracula's Wedding" - Outkast
"Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker, Jr.
"Nosferatu" - Parov Stelar
"Stay Zombie Stay" - Elvis Perkins
"E.T." - Katy Perry
"We Suck Young Blood" - Radiohead
"Walk on the Wild Side" - Lou Reed
"The Curse" - Josh Ritter
"She Wolf" - Shakira
"Wolf Life Me" - TV On the Radio
"Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk" - U2
"Living Dead Girl" - Rob Zombie
"Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon

There are more, but that's a short list.  Thoughts?  Additions?

If you want to get more details about the Zombie Prom, go here.

No comments: